Vinyl siding: Beautiful, Durable and Low-Maintenance
Both homeowners and contractors agree, that choosing between vinyl and any other type of siding is one of the most challenging tasks in exterior renovation projects. Before vinyl siding was first introduced to the market in 1950’s, most houses were covered in aluminium, but vinyl was much cheaper and lower maintenance. Modern engineering has vastly improved its durability and insulation since then, and it continues to dominate the siding market to this day. In fact, studies show that in 2015 vinyl was installed on more than 27% of new single-family homes across the U.S. That’s about 200,000 new houses covered in vinyl siding in just one year. Fiber cement siding is durable and impervious to fire, and wood siding may provide more insulation and be more aesthetically pleasing, vinyl siding is unbeatable in its low cost and ease of installation and maintenance. This type of siding protects the structure from water, wind and sun and since the paint is baked throughout the materials, it doesn’t require painting and fades much less quickly than, for example fiber cement.
At VIS Exterior we know a lot about the advantages and disadvantages of vinyl siding and we have compiled a list of them to help you make an informed decision:
- Quick installation and low cost
- Variety of colors and styles
- Easy maintenance
- Doesn’t peel or rot
- Environmentally friendly
- Not watertight
- Can fade
- Bends, cracks and melts in weather extremes
Low cost and durability make vinyl an attractive choice, while close to unlimited style and color options allow homeowners to get creative and choose a look that makes the design statement that they want. Vinyl style options include beaded seam, smooth, board and batten as well as shingle, and colors range from the usual shades to semi transparent finishes that create exciting design possibilities. However, the variety of choices can leave you a little confused or overwhelmed. This is where we step in to save the day.
Being an experienced siding contractor, we are familiar with the siding selection on the market, and our knowledge has helped many families improve and increase the curb appeal of their homes. Our team can help you decide between the many brands and materials available and choose the option that best fits your property, aesthetic needs and budget.
Vinyl siding installation and replacement services
Our exterior vinyl siding services are designed to renovate your home quickly and cost-efficiently. Since this type of project is popular among our clients, our team has extensive knowledge about what style and thickness vinyl works best on different types of houses and how to perform vinyl siding installation so that it looks beautiful and withstands weather extremes.
VIS Exterior unites craftsmen who enjoy transforming exteriors throughout DuPage County, Cook County, Kane County and Will County and create a positive environment no matter what project they are working on. With a focus on client satisfaction, our company stresses the importance of keeping the worksite as clean as possible so that vinyl siding replacement or installation disturbs your everyday life as little as possible. We also take pride in the excellent quality of our work, which is why we never rush through any project, but always deliver results within the initial timeline of completion.
Over the years of business our company has made a decision to work with products from reliable manufacturers only, because they provide the most value to our customers and come with excellent warranties. We install products from top-notch vinyl siding companies, such as:
- Mastic Home Exteriors. Siding from this manufacturer is beautiful and inspired by a history of innovation and quality. Mastic produces materials that come with a virtually maintenance-free finish. Their selection of design options are eloquent, offering a variety of popular colors, textures and styles. They also produces siding accessories, such as shutters and trim.
- Crane Performance Siding. The Crane line of premium materials is accessible in an assortment of shades, styles and samples that work with exteriors of any size or shape. This siding brand is known for their strong commitment to exceeding expectations, excelling in workmanship and execution. Crane has a few different lines that are designed to fit various price ranges and needs.
- Variform Siding. Engineered for happy homeowners, Variform Siding is durable, provides reliable protection from the elements and has proven performance. Designed to match practically any house, materials from this brand come with a wide selection of color and are designed for even easier installation.
- CertainTeed Siding. With a history of over 100 years, this company is one of the leading manufacturers of vinyl siding. Constantly introducing innovations in both performance and style, CertainTeed continually sets the standards of the market. Their material selection come with exciting design possibilities, and their insulated vinyl siding line is among the best in the market.
High quality materials require careful and attentive installation, and our friendly, hardworking contractors are prepared to put their skill and knowledge to work on your next exterior renovation. However, no matter which siding brand you decide to go with, don’t forget that regular maintenance and attending to any damage as soon as possible prolongs the life expectancy of your siding and ensures reliable protection of your home. Our vinyl siding services are designed to ensure the longevity of your siding and attend to any hail and wind damage as soon as you ask us to.
Vinyl siding cost
Vinyl siding is notorious for its low price and ease of installation, which is a perfect choice when you want to drastically improve the curb appeal of your home at an affordable price. Various brands, colors and styles, however, come at slightly different price ranges. One detail that might seem insignificant can have a strong impact on the overall cost of your project. That is why we always keep your best interest at heart during the initial consultation, during which we listen to your needs, evaluate your budget and provide you the best solution available.
Here is a list of factors that affect vinyl siding cost:
- Material thickness. The thicker the materials, the more durable, fade resistant and costly they are.
- Style. Plain vinyl without any other features is cheaper than textured materials.
- Size and layout of your house. The larger and more intricate the structure, the more it will cost to install your siding. This is true to all types of siding.
- Details. Since vinyl has to be custom cut to fit in with any corners, vents or other details on the exterior, it affects the overall price of your project.
- Old siding. Some types of vinyl can be laid over old old siding while in other cases, old materials will have to be removed to ensure the quality of your project. Ask your contractor about this when they provide you with an estimate.
Since your project is unique, you can know its accurate overall cost only when a vinyl siding contractor takes a look at your home. At VIS Exterior we believe in providing our clients with free inspections and provide them with detailed written estimates, that include everything required to finish your project. Being experienced in the field, we know what challenges come with different styles of houses, so our estimates are accurate and when you work with us, you can have peace of mind knowing, that you will not be charged any unexpected fees.
Choose vinyl siding experts at VIS Exterior
Vinyl siding is the way to go when you’re looking for an affordable way to drastically improve the look of your house. If you would like some professional insight on what style of siding would make your home look its absolute best while providing reliable protection, you can count on our vinyl siding experts to help you make the right decision.