Naperville gutters installation
We look forward to serving you in DuPage County, Cook County, Kane County and Will County
Rain gutters are an essential part of a roofing system, protecting a building‘s foundation by collecting and diverting rainwater away from a house. Gutters also help to reduce erosion and keep basements and crawl spaces dry while protecting a house's facade and windows from water. Therefore, gutter installation or replacement is considered a long-term investment in regard to the overall infrastructure of your house.
Gutters differ by materials, types, sizes and shapes, also known as profiles. Gutters and downspouts can also be constructed from a variety of materials, including copper, zinc, galvanized steel, plastic and wood, but aluminum gutters are the most popular.
- are lightweight;
- are easily maintained;
- are available in a wide range of colors;
- are low cost;
- never rust.
- Gutter material thickness – although gutters are available in a thickness of .019 in., VIS Exterior recommends material thicknesses of at least .032 in.
- Gutter material quality – VIS Exterior also recommends that homeowners choose aluminum gutters.
- Gutter color – to keep gutters from dominating a home's facade, VIS Exterior recommends choosing a color that blends in with your house.
Downspouts installation services in Naperville
There are two types of gutters: sectional and seamless, also known as continuous. Sectional gutters come in various lengths and must be joined together during gutter installation. The downside to this type of guttering system is that there is a potential for leaks at the seams. Seamless gutters are custom-made from a single piece and are made to fit a home's length from corner to corner. Other than seams at the corners, this type of system doesn't have seams that could potentially leak and requires minimal maintenance. For these reasons, seamless gutters are the most popular type of gutters used today.
There are a lot of gutter shapes, but the most common are: K-style, U-style and Fascia style. Gutters are sized according to the roof area they drain. Usually, gutters are available in 4- to 6-in. diameters with downspouts that are chosen to fit the channel size. The most common on the market are the 5-in. K-style gutters.
Gutter installation contractor
Although gutters are a relatively small part of a roofing system, they can cause significant issues if they fail. To avoid water getting into living areas and basements and to avoid erosion of driveways and pathways, old, damaged and defective gutters should be replaced as soon as possible.
Guttering systems must be well-designed and installed to operate properly. Therefore, it's highly recommended that gutters be installed by professionals. Because the performance of a guttering system depends on various factors, choosing the right one for your house is best achieved with the help of a professional gutter installer. Working with a professional gutter contractor is integral when it comes to choosing the suitable type and size of guttering and downspouts for your home.
- Open rain gutters should be cleaned at least twice a year, in the spring and fall. Depending on local conditions, additional cleaning may also be required.
- If you are planning to install a new roof and new guttering system, consider completing both projects simultaneously; most contractors can provide both roofing and gutter installation services.
All of our guttering systems are custom-fabricated on site and installed by our fully trained and experienced installers. VIS Exterior Corp. has experience working with various types of guttering, but recommends Rollex, a business with more than six decades of experience: