VIS Exterior Corp. specializes in an installation and replacement of all types of the siding - Vinyl, Cedar, Aluminum. LP SmartSide & James Hardy Cement siding are the most popular varieties of siding. VIS Exterior Corp. recommends these siding brands:
What is siding
Siding is the exterior cladding for a house well-liked by planners, builders and homeowners. Siding is a protective layer that separates building's structure and interior from exterior elements, such as water, temperature, wind, sun, insects and other household pests. It also increases the comfort level, beauty and value of your house, as well as saves valuable time and money when it comes to home maintenance.
Choosing siding type, siding style and siding color
Siding will meet any requirements in terms of tastes and budgets, because it offers thousands of possibilities to choose from different siding types, siding styles and siding colors. It's not only a color, what creates the perfect look – the right texture, size is very important too. Before choosing siding material, consider the style of your house and how it matches your lifestyle. Of course, no matter the siding you select, you'll like it because of its aesthetic qualities, not even mentioning its ability to provide reliable protection.
Siding installation contractor
Siding, particularly vinyl siding, has lots of beneficial qualities. However if siding is not installed properly, it will not last and will not protect your home as it is intended to do. What is why it is advisable to quote for a professional siding contractor services to get siding installation or siding replacement work done.
Things to consider while choosing siding contractor:
- Reliability. Be sure to hire all licensed, bonded and insured siding contractor.
- Experience. Find out how long crew members have been working, are they full-time siding installers or just hired day laborers. Experience of a crew is the main factor deciding the work quality. Ask a contractor for several past customers as references, contact them to see are they happy with the work.
- Price. Look for the best quality-price ratio. Mind a good siding installation or siding replacement job is worth paying for because it will last longer and look better over the time.
- Service. Expect the full service package: assistance choosing and delivering materials, removing the existing siding, installing the new siding, keeping the job site clean.
- Time. Ask for a contractor available to do a project in a reasonable time to keep your home disturbing to a minimum.
- Interview several different siding contractors before making decision.
- Check the potential siding contractors in Better Business Bureau database to see how are they rated. Also verify them in Vinyl Siding Institute database to find out are siding contractors Certified as Siding Installers.
- Select the contractor from the area around you. It will ensure better and faster communication.
Why choosing VIS Exterior Corp. as Your siding contractor is the right decision?
- We are a dedicated team of professionals striving to do our very best for total clients satisfaction.
- We are licensed, insured and bonded company serving your area since 2001.
- For utmost quality control, siding installation is completed by our trained employees, not subcontractors. We have no salesmen, so you deal directly with the owner.
- We always specialize in your specific needs.
- We are committed to helping you figure out what the best fits your needs and budget.
- For your comfort we always meet the deadlines, keep the job site clean and safe for your family at the end of each work day.
Vinyl siding is the most popular type of exterior siding. It holds more market share than any other single type of cladding material in the country and nearly double the closest competitive material. Vinyl siding helps create houses with distinctive style and unique character and helps build communities of undeniable attraction and lasting value.
Vinyl is made from a PVC (polyvinyl chloride) plastic. Unlike wood or cedar, this durable plastic doesn't rot and flake. Vinyl siding is usually less expensive. It is available in unlimited color choices, as well as types for variety of architectural styles. It enables to replicate architectural elements that were once made from wood. Vinyl siding doesn't need a maintenance, except a simple wash.
Previously vinyl siding could crack and fade over time, requiring siding replacement. However, it has grown and improved a lot becoming one of the most innovating ways to transform a house safely, securely, efficiently and beautifully. Usually warranties offered by vinyl siding manufacturers last a lifetime.
Why did vinyl siding become the top choice for many builders and homeowners today?
- Low cost
- Lasts very long time
- Good resistance to shock and scratching
- Require little or no maintenance
- Wide range of colors and styles
- May be installed over existing siding
- Material quality – we recommend to choose material that has a minimum .045 in thickness.
- Because of its chemistry, vinyl siding expands and shrinks depends on the temperature. But you shouldn't have any problems, if siding panels are well installed. Professional siding installation is all you need to avoid buckling.
To Clean Vinyl Siding:
1.Use a soft-bristled, long-handled washing brush (it attaches to your garden hose and makes washing your siding easier). Do not rub vigorously, as this may create glossy areas over the vinyl siding finish.
2.For hard-to-remove dirt, such as soot and grime found in industrial areas, wipe the siding down with a solution consisting of the following ingredients: 1/3 cup powdered detergent (Tide, Fab, or an equivalent powder detergent) 2/3 cup household cleaner (Soilax, Spic & Span or the equivalent) 1 gallon water
3.If Mildew is a problem in your area, prepare the solution above but substitute 1 quart of laundry bleach for 1 quart of water.
4.If you wash down the entire house, start at the bottom and work up to the top, as less streaking will result.
5.It is important that immediately following all washing operations, the entire surface be thoroughly rinsed with fresh water from a garden hose. Avoid prolonged or high pressure rinsing of open, ventilated areas.
6.For best results when using a cleaning solution, select an overcast cool day (55-75 degrees) and wash only small areas at a time. This should allow the wet cleaning solution to remain in contact with the finish for a period of not less than 3 minutes; then rinse with clear water before it has a chance to dry.
CAUTION: GREATER CONCENTRATIONS MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE VINYL SIDING FINISH. DO NOT USE CLEANERS CONTAINING ABRASIVE PARTICLES, SOLVENT OR AMMONIATED-TYPE CLEANERS OR PAINT REMOVER FOR CLEANING THE VINYL SIDING. WHEN USING ANY OF THE ABOVE CHEMICAL CLEANING AGENTS, OBSERVE THE CHEMICAL MANUFACTURER'S RECOMMENDED SAFETY PRECAUTIONS. PROTECT AGAINST CONTACT OF THE SOLUTION WITH EYES OR SKIN.
James Hardy cement siding
Everyone's dream home is different. Depending on your home's architecture, you might consider fiber cement Hardiplank siding. Fiber cement Hardiplank siding is the fastest growing segment of the siding market, with close to one in five homes is expected to have fiber cement siding by 2007. It's made from all natural raw materials including cellulose fiber, sand and Portland cement. It is strong and durable, and carries a 50-year warranty.
Metro Home offers a wide selection of exterior siding options for any home style. Choose from lap siding, shingle siding, individual shingles and siding accessories in a variety of appealing styles and colors. Our versatile product range also makes it easy to match an existing style or home siding type. So whether you're just adding on or completely re-siding, James Hardie has an option that's perfect for your home's exterior.
Hardiplank siding is available in Smooth, Select Cedar mill, Beaded Cedar mill, Beaded Smooth, and Colonial Smooth; Other James Hardie siding options are Hardishingle; Hardipanel vertical; Harditrim; and Hardisoffit Vented, Cedar mill (non-vented grain) and Smoot./
Color: Paint the color of your choice. Excellent paint retention - with the ability to last 10 years or more.
Aesthetic Performance: Besides increasing your home's curb appeal and real estate value, fiber cement Hardiplank siding offers:
- Deep, realistic wood grain with less pattern repetition
- Eight grain finishes
- Impervious to termites, carpenter bees and other insects
- Resists winds speeds up to 130 MPH
- Dimensionally stable
- Will not rot, warp, buckle, swell or deteriorate
- 50 year warranty